I was compared to N200 and worked at EME in Wizkid's shadow. - Skales

 

John Njeng-Njeng, better known by his stage as Skales, is a Nigerian singer and rapper who has spoken about how pressured he felt all the time while working for Empire Mates Entertainment, or EME.

He claimed that he was experiencing pressure as a result of being overshadowed by Banky W and Wizkid, two of the biggest artists at the moment.

He recalled that because he wasn't doing well at the time, haters had even compared him to N200 on Twitter.

This information was revealed by the singer of "Shake Body" during a recent interview with media figure Chude Jideonwo.

People were comparing me to N200, Skales declared, so I'll go on Twitter. Of course, Banky W and Wizkid, two of the top artists at the time, cast a shadow over me. You are aware of the pressure, mehn. I had to carry the day.

"Occasionally, after releasing a song, I'll visit YouTube or other unrelated websites and read the first five insulting comments. Simply put, I won't want to read the comments once again. And I'll just feel horrible not realising that there are many that find what you accomplished to be the most amazing thing they've heard thus far. 

  

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post