Skales remembers how one call from Olamide after being fired by EME changed his life

 

John Njeng-Njeng, also known as Skales, is a Nigerian musician and rapper who left Empire Mates Entertainment (EME) in financial ruin. Olamide, a fellow artist, came to Skales' aid.

The 'Shake Body' singer recently spoke with media personality Chude Jideonwo about how his former record company, EME, declined to renew his contract since the firm wasn't making money from investing in him, which led to him becoming homeless and broke.

He claimed that after YBNL president Olamide called him on the phone and expressed interest in one of his songs, "Shake Body," his life was permanently altered.

The native rapper allegedly questioned Skales if he wasn't going to make a music video for the song, but Skales replied that he was homeless and broke.

Later, he claimed that Olamide had given him money to film the music video, and the song had become a commercial success.

"My deal with them was done, and they wouldn't go further because I wasn't doing well at the time," he claimed.

"Olamide approached me and asked if I was going to shoot the video for one of my songs, Shake Body. He said he loved the song. He sent me money after I told him I was homeless and couldn't possibly make a film. My life was transformed by God following that video shot.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post