Court in Ekiti jails woman for killing her husband



Afao Road Correctional Center in Ado Ekiti is to house Janet Jegede as a criminal lunatic according to an order from the Ekiti State High Court.


On September 16, 2020, the defendant was arraigned before Judge Bamidele Omotoso on a charge that had elements of murder.

According to the allegation, Janet Jegede (36), within the jurisdiction of this honourable court, killed Jegede Kayode, her husband, on November 17, 2019, in violation of Section 316 and in violation of Section 319 (1) of the Criminal Code Law, Cap C16, Laws of Ekiti State, 2012. 

Stepson Jegede Ayomide told the police in his statement, "I got a call from my stepmother telling me to come home to take my father to the hospital because. When I returned home, I saw my father struggling for air in a pool of his own blood. I noticed a knife hanging from his chest. She gave me a rambling response when I asked her what had happened. The bleeding got worse as I took the knife away. I stepped outside to make a neighbourly appeal for assistance in bringing him to the hospital. He was taken urgently to the Ekiti State University Teaching Hospital (EKSUTH), where it was determined that he had passed away. 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post