Tinubu is incapable of leading Nigeria, says Bode George

 

Since Bola Tinubu won the recently ended presidential election, Bode George, a former deputy national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, warned on Monday that he would move to any country of his choice.


The PDP leader remarked while participating in a programme on Channels TV. Tinubu is the presidential candidate for the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) in the election on February 25.

Bode George had declared he would leave Nigeria if Tinubu were to succeed President Muhammadu Buhari before the former Lagos governor was announced as the nation's next leader. 

The former PDP chairman reiterated his position in an interview with Channels after the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, declared Tinubu the winner of the presidential election. He claimed that it is his inalienable right to live anywhere in the world.

"I didn't hold back my emotions; I declared that if this man (Tinubu) is elected president, I will quit interest in politics.

"I have the right to reside anywhere I want as a Nigerian. And I'm stating it in the open: I'm prepared to leave party politics behind. My own conviction is that they lack the skills or capacity to govern this country. 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post